What is it about the time after the kids are all in bed and let's say, oh, midnight? The house is so deliciously quiet. The feeling is almost as good as secretly indulging in a dark chocolate truffle as it melts in your mouth, and then you lick your fingers and check the corners of your mouth in the mirror to make sure there are no traces of evidence lurking in the corners.
No one is asking "mom, I need this" or "mom can you sign this" or "mom, I can't find that". No radios blaring, no tv's incessant noises. Just the hum of the refrigerator in the next room and the whirring of the computers hard drive as I sit in our Study and play a mindless game of Solitare or Majong.
I really should go to bed. My pillow (and husband) becons me to join them. I know, I know! I need my sleep. But just a few more minutes of peace and quiet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! I'm your first commenter. :-) The blog looks great! One thing I love about blogging is that once you set it up, it just takes a quick second to jot down a thought or funny thing someone says, and then you can move on with your day. No need to change things around all the time.
I definitely know that I should get more sleep than I do, but I agree with you, I LOVE that time when it is just quiet at night!
Great start! Looks like you must be out of projects so you needed something else to do... ;)
Tell Dan to smile next family photo. He looks like he is in pain.
Bruno
Welcome to the blogging world! You will become addicted quite quickly or at least that's how it was for me. We look forward to staying connected with you guys in this way. Sure love you!
This is beautiful! Your pages are very pretty, you are lovey and your guys are all SO handsome. I am glad it is so easy to use and so pleasant to look at. I will visit when I get lonesome for you. This will be fun!! Love you all, Shima
Post a Comment